I believe that all of my students have the ability and the desire to behave appropriately in my classroom. I also believe that my students deserve a positive school experience, where they are properly challenged, feel supported in their efforts, and confident that they make a worth while contribution to the class. The following list of expectations is designed to provide students and parents with a clear set of guidelines for behavior in my classroom.
• Expect to be challenged and to accept nothing but the best of yourself.
• Always come prepared to learn. This means not only having the necessary supplies and materials, but also having the right attitude.
• Always hand in homework, projects, and assignments on time.
• Be on time to class.
• Be respectful of your classmates, teacher, and any other classroom guests, in both your words and deeds.
• Raise your hand and wait to be acknowledged when you have something to say, or if you need to ask a question.
• Listen to directions
• Always act in a polite and cooperative manner.
• Abide by the school-wide rules.
(Check your student handbook)
• Use your time wisely and focus on the task at hand.
5th Grade classroom at St. Nicholas School, Jersey City